Offering Start-Ups Pro-Bono Legal Services
Practicing with Purpose (PwP) is an initiative created to enhance our reach in our communities and make a larger impact than our Firm can accomplish on our own. Last spring, we awarded two non-profit organizations, Wake Smiles and Designed for Joy, with $5,000 in pro bono legal services to help empower them to reach their full potential. This fall, we will be providing pro bono legal services (up to $5,000) to support purpose-driven start-up organizations to succeed in their own missions. Not only are start-ups key engines of innovation, but they often have direct local impacts that create positive ripple effects within our communities. Our purpose, to help others reach their full potential, is the root and foundation of Forrest Firm, and the reason we are the only law firm in North Carolina certified as a B Corporation. In addition to pro bono legal services, our fall initiative includes a $1,500 pro bono tax consultation by DMJ to the selected start-ups. We are excited to partner with two start-ups companies to impact our communities together through our Practicing with Purpose initiative!
Pro Bono Offerings
Two Start-ups will be selected to receive the following pro bono legal service(s) of their choice. In addition to legal services, the selected start-ups will receive a $1,500 Tax Consultation from DMJ’s Jason King.
Practicing with Purpose: How it Works
Are you a start-up in need of legal services? Apply below.
Note: The Practicing with Purpose Application is now closed. If you have a question, please fill out this form and we’ll be glad to respond to you!
Step 1: Fill out and Submit the Application on this page by November 18
- Must be North Carolina Incorporated (or to be formed/incorporated)
- Must be fewer than 5 years old
- Considering hiring employees in the next 12 months
- Must submit application by Thursday, November 18, 2021
Step 2: Committee Review
- The committee will review the applications, selecting two start-ups that are positively impacting their communities and that align with our mission to empower others to reach their potential
Step 3: Decisions Announced!
- Two selected start-up companies will be notified of the selection committee’s decision on Giving Tuesday, November 30, 2021!
- Results will be announced on Forrest Firm’s social media platforms