Jonathan Bogues joined the Forrest Firm in 2021 and focuses on commercial real estate and serving as general counsel to non-profits. Jonathan’s commercial real estate experience includes the following:
- Represented a real estate developer in the sale of 360-unit apartment complex for $60 million to a publicly traded REIT
- Assisted a real estate developer in the acquisition of 33-acre tract from a publicly traded Fortune 500 company to be developed into a 360 unit apartment complex across 16 buildings
- Represented a real estate developer in obtaining financing in the amounts of $10 million and $39 million to construct and develop multifamily planned community and apartment complex over 515 acres
- Worked with a municipality in the acquisition of 6-acre tract and 2-acre tract from a local university to construct new fire stations
- Assisted a well-established golf community and country club in obtaining financing in the amount of $14 million
In addition to his commercial real estate expertise, Jonathan also has a passion for religious organizations and non-profits. In his role at Forrest Firm, Jonathan routinely advises religious organizations and non-profits on day to day legal matters, including, land purchases and leasing, contracts, corporate governance and overall risk management.
Jonathan uses his time to give back and help others and plays adult soccer outside of the office. A native of Durham, he earned his Juris Doctor degree from North Carolina Central University and is licensed to practice law in North Carolina.