The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day management of the Firm’s finance functions. The Staff Accountant works proactively to maintain firm accounts, daily expenses, respond to employee finance inquiries, client billing and collections, pay firm expenses, and manage entries into company books.
• Timely response and management of finance requests from firm employees
• Payroll preparation, entries and changes/maintenance
• Address expense reimbursement questions and process corrections
• Respond to Attorney requests related to client accounts
• Receive and deposit checks
• Reconcile accounts on a regular basis
• Create monthly invoices for billing; handle requests related to invoices
• Manage credit card and ACH payments
• Make daily entries into QuickBooks and create journal entries
• Manage A/R and follow up with past due clients
• Strong proficiency in Excel, QuickBooks online, Windows and client-management software (e.g., Clio)
• Document changes to closed books
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Preference given to candidates with related Master’s Degree.
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, including hands-on accounting experience.
• Servant-hearted team player
• Holds self and others to a high standard
• Exhibits grace under pressure
• Sense of humor
• Willingness to tackle a challenge and follow to completion
• Strong written communication skills
• Proven Excel skills
• Proven QuickBooks online skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage to deadlines
• High level of organization and efficiency
• Attention to detail
• Values efficiency and process
• Professionalism with co-workers
• Continuous learner
• Ability to quickly grasp new systems/information/processes and identify areas for improvement
• Ability to problem solve and find solutions independently
• Comfortable learning new technology
As part of the back-office team, this position will have regular interaction with the President, Director of HR and Finance, local Managing Attorneys, and support staff.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change as the Firm’s needs change.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the job title in your subject line. Please no phone calls.
The Forrest Firm is seeking qualified attorneys. Forrest Firm attorneys benefit from industry-leading compensation and a flexible work-from-anywhere schedule. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Forrest Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.