It’s Time for the 2nd Annual Forrest Firm Non-Profit Challenge
April 3, 2017
The attorneys of the Forrest Firm are passionate about what we do, working with inspiring leaders at companies and non-profits across many industries. The firm launched the Non-Profit Challenge in the spring of 2016 as part of its fifth anniversary celebrations. The challenge was successful in launching some high-impact startups that will benefit North Carolina for generations to come, and working with these executives is some of the most fulfilling work that we do. In light of these benefits, we decided to make the Non-Profit Challenge an annual Forrest Firm tradition.
Here’s how the challenge will work this year. If you are (a) looking to set up a non-profit in North Carolina, or (b) looking to take your existing non-profit to the next level, hit the challenge page on our site! On the challenge page, we’ll ask you to give us your name, contact information, and a little bit of your story.
Between April 3 and April 24, 2017, the firm will accept submissions. After the submission deadline, a new feature of the challenge will kick in: a select team of celebrity judges from North Carolina’s business and non-profit communities will choose three winners to receive a package of services delivered pro bono by attorneys from the Forrest Firm, among other things.
After the judges choose the three winners, a grand prize winner will also receive prizes from a pair of participating sponsors. Walk West, a leading-edge digital marketing firm based in Raleigh, will offer a free startup marketing consultation, while ReCity Network, the Triangle’s fastest-growing non-profit hub, will offer the winner a free trial co-working membership.
The firm will announce the winners of the 2nd Annual Non-Profit Challenge on May 8, 2017. The winners will also be featured on the firm’s blog, social media channels and newsletter.
The Non-Profit Challenge judges span the ranks of both for-profit and non-profit entrepreneurs and executives, as well as leaders from North Carolina startup incubators like HQ and American Underground, and Durham’s emerging hub for social entrepreneurship with over 40 community partners, ReCity Network.
We are grateful to the following executives for their time in selecting, mentoring, and networking with the three challenge winners for 2017.
- Brian Onorio: Founder and CEO, WalkWest (Raleigh)
- Keith Pigues: Founder and CEO, Luminas Strategy (Research Triangle Park)
- Christopher Gergen: Founding Partner, Forward Impact (Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte)
- Jes Averhart: Executive Director, Leadership Triangle (Durham)
- Braden Rawls: Co-founder and CEO, Vital Plan (Raleigh)
- Molly Demarest: Senior Director of Operations and Finance, American Underground (Durham)
- Chris Bingham, Founder and CEO, Riley Life Logistics (Raleigh)
- Rob Shields, Executive Director, ReCity Network (Durham)
- David Morris: Forrest Firm Attorney, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, äLuxuRē (Durham)
For more information on the Forrest Firm’s Non-Profit Challenge, visit the Non-Profit Challenge page on the firm’s website.