#FF5: FORREST FIRM ANNOUNCES NON-PROFIT CHALLENGE WINNERS
May 3, 2016
May 3, 2016 (DURHAM, NC) The Forrest Firm, P.C., a North Carolina B-corp certified law firm focused on helping entrepreneurs and executives achieve sustainable growth, is proud to announce the winners of its fifth anniversary Non-profit Challenge.
Since April 15, the firm has evaluated entries for the Non-Profit Challenge, an initiative that will see the Forrest Firm provide pro bono startup packages that effectively launch five non-profits across the Tar Heel State. Many social entrepreneurs submitted entries for the contest, where they explained their respective missions and summarized their business plans. The attorneys of the Forrest Firm selected five non-profit organizations as winners, and the firm’s work with these entities will start immediately.
The following organizations comprise the winners of the Forrest Firm Non-profit Challenge:
- Cape Fear Women in Tech, an organization aimed at opening the technology field to more participation from women in the Wilmington area.
- Help Keep Hope, a social startup built on the idea of providing gift cards to people staying at Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill, as family members receive treatment and care for serious illnesses like cancer.
- Carroll’s Kitchen, a full-service restaurant that will transition homeless women in Raleigh to normal lives through life skills and job training.
- Oasis of Hope International Ministry, a group tasked with helping underserved children worldwide, including the construction of a children’s home in Kenya.
- Har-vest Acres, an organization utilizing farm animals, including rescue horses, for therapeutic interaction and rides for children and veterans.
“The team was excited when we announced the challenge, and there’s an even greater collective thrill now,” said James Forrest, founder and principal attorney at the Forrest Firm. “Our attorneys really love what we do, and it’s been truly inspiring for us to be introduced to this amazing group of visionaries. The challenge winners comprise a perfect example of how conscientious people can make a difference. This group is going to undertake some high impact work that helps professional women, families enduring health-related financial stress, the homeless, children in the developing world, and veterans trying to transition to civilian life. We could not be more proud to be a small part of their stories.”
Throughout 2016, the Forrest Firm will promote these newly-formed non-profits across the firm’s online channels, including the firm blog and social media.
About the Forrest Firm, P.C.
The Forrest Firm is a full-service corporate law firm and certified B Corporation based in Durham, North Carolina. The firm endeavors to provide corporate legal services in a manner that consistently exceeds client expectations, to create a healthy, sustainable work environment for its professionals, and to positively impact the surrounding community.
James Forrest, Principal Attorney